A fantastic all-round shampoo to have on hand. An anti-microbial and plant-based formula with added colloidal oatmeal and infused organic kawakawa oil and leaf, that will leave horse and dog hair silky soft, with a vibrant natural shine. A 100% natural herbal formula with added essential oils to gently calm skin irritations, fungal infections and help to deter ticks, fleas & other parasites.
Application: Wet hair with warm/hot water. Apply Naturally Shine directly to the hair and massage in creating a good lather. Rinse off and repeat if required. For heavy staining use our SHOWHITE shampoo bars.
NOTE: do not use any soap products on bleeding open wounds, soap is alkaline and can irritate proud flesh.
We do not use chemicals, alcohols, steroids, petrochemicals, fragrances, synthetics, carcinogens or preservatives in our soap.
Active Ingredients in our Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds:
Coconut oil, Sunflower Oil, and Almond Oil - are rich in essential fatty acids and gentle on sensitive skin as well as containing essential vitamins and
A rich blend of herb-infused oil- A process whereby a selection of organic medicinal herbs are cold-infused into the oil, a process taking weeks to achieve
by hand. Cold-infusing by cooling down or freezing the herbs into the oil will ensure that the fragile medicinal properties within the leaves are not lost in the
process. Our herbal blend contains:
- NZ Native Kawakawa extracts: Contains healing & soothing analgesic properties for skin. Well known in New Zealand as a medicinal plant, for its ability to assist in healing numerous skin conditions and irritations including eczema, rashes, burns, lacerations and many others.
- Calendula: Soothes & hydrates inflamed & infected skin. When infused into an oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial agent, and antiseptic. One of the complex characteristics of Calendula oil is a compound called triterpenoid. Used topically to relieve dermatitis, eczema, mud fever, rashes, and irritated dry skin
- Chamomile flower: An age old medicinal herb used as far back as Ancient Rome. The plant's healing properties come from its daisy-like flowers, which contain volatile oils (including bisabolol, bisabolol oxides A and B, and matricin) as well as flavonoids (particularly a compound called apigenin) and other therapeutic substances. When applied to the skin it works to heal inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties as well as soothing and calming itchiness, rashes and other skin complaints. Chamomile is also known for being a relaxant for sore and achy muscles and to have a calming effect on people and animals..
- Peppermint: Is an emollient and astringent and is stimulating, cleansing, restorative and healing. Used as a rubefacient (to stimulate capillary dilation and action) and applied directly to the skin for various disorders, this remedy helps relieve the pain and inflammation and reduces sensitivity in the skin arising as a result of external disorders.
- Aloe powder: The Aloe powder has a vast range of vitamins including Vitamin E, minerals, amino acids & enzymes, plant proteins, and liposomes. Aloe is generally known for its soothing, skin healing properties and has been used as a medicine for centuries to treat sunburns, scrapes, cuts, rashes, and dry skin.
- Comfrey: Used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. Comfrey has several medicinal properties including being astringent and it also increases cell production due to its high concentration of allantoin, causing rapid healing of a wound site. High in Calcium and Vitamin C to soothe and coat irritated tissues and reduce inflammation and scarring.
- Dandelion Root: Rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium, and Detoxifiers. Contains a highly alkaline extract which has germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties to fight skin diseases and soothe inflammation.